CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 8 September 2013

Bowled Over


I breathe a sigh of relief! After many months at the "drawing board" my son finally decided on what he wants for his 10th birthday party. It all came to a head tonight when I told him that he had to make a choice because we had to get invites out tomorrow. I had wanted to get them done and send out the for the first day back to school but that just didn't happen. If he left it any later he runs the risk of his friends not being able to make it.

He wanted a bowling party ( he had one a few years back and really enjoyed it). Me being me, had to make the invites but I had no stamps to fit the theme and no time to buy any either. So, I had to come up with a plan, make my own!



I hand drew  and cut the skittle from some kids foam sheet and made the stripes on the neck by pressing a metal rule down fairly hard to make the indentations. The bowling ball was punched out using the circle punch and the crop o dile for the the finger holes.


They're not perfect and had my son given me more time I would have been able to be a bit more creative. Up til tonight he wanted an X Box FIFA party so I was playing with the hexagon embossing folder, punch, and several stamps sets from the 2013-2014 catalogue. 

Good night folks and happy crafting
J
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment


See Something You Fancy?

If you feel like making a gift with a difference I hold classes to teach you how to make a variety of amazing cards and projects.

Please contact me for details and prices.