CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Embedded card

Hello fellow crafters! I hope this miserable weather isn't bringing you down.
I am posting a card today that uses a technique called embedding. I have used it many times but I don't believe that I have ever showed you an example of this.
It's where you add layers to your card, either punches, patterned paper patchwork or stamped images matted. It is then run through the big shot with an embossing folder, in this case the square lattice.
I've added a split paper flower, I have just seen how to do this by a very talented demonstrator, Monica Gale.
Using the extra large flower punch, punch out 5 flowers from cardstock. Scrunch and roll these until.the cardstock begins to separate. Carefully pull the flowers apart. Once all 5 flowers have been separated assemble.them together and secure through the centre with a brad.
I think the end result from both techniques are amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment


See Something You Fancy?

If you feel like making a gift with a difference I hold classes to teach you how to make a variety of amazing cards and projects.

Please contact me for details and prices.